I decided to take a few days off from doing art after participating in the Art Every Day challenge. I am still processing a lot of what I learned and am continuing to learn from the experience that I am hoping to build on.
In November, I had made some feeble attempts to do some colored pencil renderings of the leaves and hibiscus I have drawn and got really frustrated that I wasn’t able to have it turn out the way I wanted and just assumed that it was because I haven’t used this medium a lot. I then had this brainstorm that perhaps the problem was with the kind of paper I was using. I was using plain white bond paper from my journal but than decided to try pastel paper, which made all the difference in terms of being able to blend the colors better. I was reminded how often times the solution to a problem may be just a tiny adjustment.